Villa On Lake Como
Tremezzina, Province of Como, Italy
The History of the building project:
I own a building plot with beautiful views of the lake Como with about 590 m3 available. The land is about 7,000 sqm, but the area where I would like to put the building is very limited because of the geological limits. In the documentation, I have inserted the floor plan and the position of the building. We presented a project to build a residential villa (see the file attached), which was approved in the City but was rejected by the Superintendence of Milan. We discussed with the Superintendent and shared guidelines for the new project.
The guidelines are to avoid a united front of the building like the one already presented (see the file attached) and then try to separate the face into two separate units (e.g. sleeping area and living area detached by an outdoor patio and connected by a corridor).
The effect should be to decrease the perception of the building as a single block and instead break it with at least two apparently distinct components for location and style (e.g. one unit with a flat roof and the other with a pitched roof)
I am asking your help on CoContest to try to have different points of view and, above all, transforming the Superintendent’ constraints in new opportunities for development of the entire project, even changing what has been done so far.
Our Basic Requirements are:
– The building position on the site can’t be changed
– The style of the building should be modern, but taking into account that the neighbouring houses are traditional.
– The house is on two levels: a basement and a floor “all out.”
The basement has a independent apartment (about 40-45 sqm with kitchen/living room, bathroom and bedroom) and other spaces that do not have an allocation yet (eg. Fitness, Wellness, Game, Studio). The basement is visible for the part devoted to the apartment, while it is buried for the remaining part (This in order to try to hide as much as possible from the lake’s view as the Superintendent requested).
The ground floor is dedicated to our main residence that needs to have a master bedroom and two bedrooms for the children. The living area has to be very wide with large windows that will show the lake. Open space with kitchen and living room.
– We love the outdoor living spaces; therefore, we seek a solution for taking advantage of them (balcony, patio, etc.)
– We would like one of the two units with a flat roof, while the other (for supervision’s constraints) with a pitched roof yet trying to maintain a continuity of style and a modern style. The combining of these two solutions of different roofs is the most binding element and the most challenging part of the Contest
– The project includes an outdoor pool that we would like to put on the side of the building as shown on the attached floor plan
– The design of the garden around the house is another challenge for you.
– The design of forniture can be avoid and you can add more external layout views. Basically our main priority is focused on the external layout of the building.