Convert Caribbean Villa Into 4/5 Stylish Luxury Apartments
Las Terrenas 32000, Dominican Republic
I am considering converting my villa into 4 apartments (2 upstairs and 2 downstairs) with possibly a small duplex house on the rear.
1. Maximise interior space (possibly by putting as many things, such as stairs, tanks, plumbing, storage, etc. as possible on the exterior or on the roof)
2. Each apartment must have 1 master bedroom and one ‘office’ large enough so can later be converted into guest bedroom. The ‘office’ must have access to bathroom which will also act as guest bathroom accessible from hallway.
3. Rear duplex should have a terrace/deck/balcony of some sort.
4. Upper apartments should have access to individual roof terraces.
5. Must have stylish, innovative, creative swimming pool in front (ocean side), but must remain with 10m of front of building.
6. Must have parking for 6 cars either along front or side (right side if looking away from front of the building).
7. Maximise ocean views
a) Height of the building cannot exceed 10m (excluding roof terrace/deck)
b) Upper floor will need to be extended to at least be the same size/area of the ground floor foot print if not more.
c) Whole house can be extended to rear, but must remain at least 5m from rear property line. The 5m does not apply to covered parking/garage.
d) Can extend sides of house also, but must remain at least 1.5m from side property line.
e) Can extend wooden deck/balcony up to +/-4m to front of building.
f) Current porch can become enclosed living space.