Modern & Elegant Family House
Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
We are a family of 4, with a 7 years old boy and a 12 years old daughter that bought a house that will be built in the next 14 months.
We are searching for perfect combination of colors / materials / furniture / lights for a modern but ever-green style, without excess. We love the Italian gres and the walls coated with gres without excess.
We strongly believe that the right choice of materials, details, lights can produce stunning outcomes for this place.
Sobriety, elegance, modernity, Italian style, pragmatism, ergonomics and a “smart” wow effect are the key drivers of our re-design of this mint new house.
Avoidance of excessive customisation and of too much bright colors is also desirable. We like the gres both modern and wooden-like, counter-tops with lamps, indirect light in the house, direct lights on paintings.
The villa has underfloor heating, perhaps real wooden floor is questionable for heat transmission. Small garden to be valorized.
We’d like to use the hobby room for cinema and other hobbies both for children, parents, friends. The dreamy house is a welcoming house, for friends, visitors, kids; it’s happy, transmit a lot of quiet and energy. I started exploring the principles of the FENG SHUI and
I’m attracted but never tried.
We like wall coatings with gres-porcelain (ie www.marazzi.it or www.ceramichelea.it/en/), for instance the steps of staircase could be coated with gres, bathroom could be coated with gres marbles, etc. Furniture is functional and essential. The villa has some built-in furniture that optimizes spaces.
Regarding the rooms:
0) the house is having 250 cm height for the ceilings of all floors; it will be equipped with a domotic technology and heating floors; it will be THPE which stands for a house very efficient from an energetic standpoint. Builder suggested to install parquet, but I’m doubtful because of the delicacy of the material and for the factor of having a very bad heat transmission factor.
1) the KITCHEN should be modern and functional with a central bench that becomes also a welcoming unformal place to have a snack or a drink. Adjacent to the kitchen there is a closet for storing foods or others. This could save up some furniture in the kitchen
2) THE LIVING ROOM is spacey and elegant. There could be continuity with the flooring of the kitchen. How valorize the living room and where to install the TV are some of the points to be analyzed. We like to read and relax, we mostly read e-books as paper is cumbersome. The big glass on the garden is a wonderful feature to be rightly valorised.
In the living room walls could be coated with elegant gres. The couch is an important element of the living room. The table should host up-to 12 persons, but it’s extensible to avoid to occupy too much space. We like indirect light in most of the areas. Direct light could instead be good for paintings or modern-art pictures. We’d like to install the TV (65-70 inches with a small speak system)
3) THE GARDEN and the patio are welcoming areas with a touch of modernity
4) the HOBBY ROOM will be a cinema room (projector + home theatre system) or a multi-purpose room for having small parties
5) THE 3 BEDROOMS are one parental room and 2 rooms for the children. My son likes the bunk-bed, my daughter’d like to have a bigger bed, a crystal desk, drawers and containers for all her things (many!!). We expect to have very functional and modern rooms
6) there are 4 BATHROOMS in the house, all should be coated with marble-like gres or other elegant and bright material…or perhaps dark too.
Our preferred vendors for floors / coating:
Examples of kitchen makers we like
http://www.keysbabo.com/en/ (Key Cucine)
3d Renderings are required for:
– living room
– bathroom 1st floor