Salt Lake City, UT, USA
We would like to get the best floor plan for the attic which maximizes available space and INCLUDES a spot for a future staircase.
– master bedroom
– bathroom (toilet, sink, shower). Ideally should not be far from existing pipes of the main bathroom.
– laundry room together with walk-in closet
– kid’s room
– main floor height: 117″
– height lower gable in the attic: 81″
– height at the middle of the attic: 104″
– external walls thickness: 10″, brick
– internal walls thickness: 5″
Building code requirements:
– at least 50% of the attic space should have he height of at least 7.5 feet.
– staircase steps should be at least 32″ wide
– As we see there are 3 options for a potential staircase ( highlighted in red on the picture). Fill free to come up with a better idea for a staircase.
– Dormers on sides and back side are possible ( no front facing dormers)
– Skylights are possible
– Swamp cooler and pipes can be moved beyond 4 feet wall
– Central post supporting rafters in the middles can be removed