Los Altos Hills, CA, USA
Remodel Public Spaces
We entertain a lot, so indoor-outdoor spaces connected are important.
– We hosts friends every Friday (approximately 10 adults and 10 kids), the kids play, the adults hang out, then the kids watch a movie.
– We host big parties (150 people) a few times a year.
– We intend to host formal events, 30-50 people.
We would like an inviting indoor/outdoor flow with the following areas with an open space flow
– Kitchen: looking into the backyard with a big island
– Breakfast area: connected to the kitchen
– Great room: with indoor/outdoor flow
–> Needs to accommodate baby-grand piano
– Dining room: connected to the kitchen but without direct view of the kitchen (so that when we host formal events people don’t see the preparation in the kitchen)
– Powder room: easy access from dining room, great room as this is mainly for guests
– Stairs: going down to the basement
– Pool bathroom: easy access from the pool area
– Laundry room: close to the garage
– Mudroom: could be connected to the laundry room but also needs to be close to the garage
– Coat closet for the guests to hang their coats and leave their shoes