The Home Of Our Dreams
Malonno, Province Of Brescia, Italy
we have a 600 square meters and 700 cubic meters plot of land and we want to use it to realize an independent house for a 4-people family on two floors, which are about 80/90 meters and a basement.
The building should be 5 meters to the borders and 10 meters to the near buildings
We would like to arrange the house on three floors:
– ground floor;
– first floor.
The floors will be connected together by inner staircase and by an external lift, realized in an external compartment, which will give also the opportunity to create an entry to reach the house.
The position of the staircase has been planned on the west wall.
The external lift compartment is to realize external from the house, in the north-east side and could not respect the 5 meters distance to the borders. The neighbours gave us the authorization to get closer, giving anyway the 10 meters of distance.
Around the house there will be an ample garden.
At the north-east side of the ground, close to the border, an external staircase will be realized, which will allow the access to the external lift compartment.
Breast walls will be built up on two levels in the back side of the house, in order to recover the gap of the ground.
The position of the house in the plot of land, the vehicle and pedestrian accesses have been already defined in order to respect the distances with the neighbours and the railway.
The basement should be high enough to enter at the level of the street and at the same time to bring the ground floor at the same level of the near houses.
– double vehicle access and one pedestrian access;
– parking area for 2/3 cars, one station- wagon;
– a bathroom with all the bathroom fixtures and the shower;
– a laundry room with a tub for washing clothes, washing machine, a dryer and a wardrobe;
– a sideboard for placing bottles and foodstuffs;
– a laboratory;
– staircase to go upstairs;
– Entry to the lift on the north wall;
– arrangement for local airing.
GROUND FLOOR DESCPRIPTION
– Bathroom with all the bathroom fixtures and a shower and with the window;
– Room to be set to a studio/ ironing room/ guest room: we don’t know yet which is the destination of this room, but it will be wide enough to arrange a 1,20 meter bed in it if necessary. In this room there will be a wardrobe, which can contain documents, the ironing board, the vacuum cleaner, the sheets, etc. and a desk, which won’t be not very big, since it will be used only now and then. We would like to have a window door facing the east side, in order to go out into the garden.
– Kitchen-dining room- living room : one space, put in the front side of the house, facing the east and the most exposed and the most panoramic side, with wide and modern glass windows, occupying almost the whole wall. This area will look out on the garden. In the exterior we would like to realize a bower, where we can put a table with some chairs. We would like to build the bower on the whole length of the main facade ( where there are the glass windows), with a system, which can “open/close/darken” the roof of the bower.
1. Kitchen: angular piece of furniture without kitchen island, with fridge and oven columns and a big worktop, a 90 X 150/200 cm extendable table. We would like to realize a wide window on a side of kitchen furniture, in order to use the light as much as possible, on the south-east wall.
2. Living- room: two sofas and a wall unit where we can put dishes/glasses/etc. and the television. We would like to put in one of the two corners a heater or a fireplace, especially for an aesthetic reason.
– Atrium, entrance hall : we would like to have a door to go out to the backside, next to the staircase that brings upstairs, on the west side of the house. We’d like a staircase, which links the ground floor to the first floor with a good aesthetic structure. We would have imagined the main entry of the house from the external entry cubicle, the same one which contains the lift, on the north side.
We have also thought of realizing the ground floor on two levels, keeping the one-space of living / kitchen 2/3 steps under the rest of the floor. In the entrance hall we’d like a little wall, which opens the views on the living area, which remains a little under.
FIRST FLOOR DESCRIPTION
– Child room with a desk and a little bookcase, with a window facing the south side;
– second child room, with a desk and a little bookcase, with a door window exposed on east side;
– double room with a wide door window facing east side;
– bathroom linked to the main room, with every bathroom fixtures and the shower and with the window.
– second bathroom with a bathtub without hydro massage and a wide shower and with a window;
– only one balcony in front of the two rooms on the east side, where there is the bower, in a modern style.
We would like to realize the house in a modern and linear style and using all the places in the best way.
We want to build a climate house, we haven’t decided yet the buildings materials, also wooden prefab houses.
We would like to have the wooden roof.
We realized a first, detailed project with our specialist, but we are glad to have some other ideas to improve and make our house unique.
In the description and in the sketch we tried to make clear how we would like to develop our house.
We accept proposals and projects which can improve the aesthetic of the house and make the settings more liveable. You are free to give your idea.
We are glad to receive new ideas about:
– realization of the roof, by considering the modern style of the house;
– external surface finishing, colours and materials;
– realization of the external garden and the general arrangement of the places around the houses, considering the slope of the lot. We would like to have a flat area in front of the living room;
– arrangement of darkening device for windows;
– the staircase position should go upstairs from the box, even using the lift compartment .
The fundamental points of our projects are:
– ground floor with the living area in one space with wide glass windows, bright setting bathroom and utility room;
– first floor with three rooms, a bathroom for the double room and a bathroom for the family. Bright settings, wide frontal balcony and door windows in the front side;
– inner staircase, which connects all the floors;
– external lift compartment;
– wide flat garden in front of the living area with pergola;
– wide underground garage;
– arrangement for the installation of solar panels;
– arrangement for the installation of a under floor heating;
– arrangement for the alarm system.